Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I Can't Think of a Smart Ass Title for This Blog


Hello world… it’s been a while, how are you? I understand if you’re not talking to me… I’ve ignored you for way too long. So... what’s happened to me in the last few months you ask… where do I start? Probably best to go backwards and get more vague towards the end/beginning, than to try to remember all that has happened in 3 months. 3 Months yesterday actually… wow. Sorry…

So right now I’m sitting in my third floor room (with a large glass of red wine AND a Coopers sparkling ale) above the pub that I’ve been working at now for a bit over 2 weeks… It’s a Live in job, so I live upstairs – it means that I get to work the odd shifts, but it also means I don’t have any bills. But at this point I don’t have internet either – I’ll let you know when I do, it’ll be awesome and defiantly worth writing home about. The pub I work at is called “The Barley Mow”; a traditionally odd English name for a place of concentrated drinking… It’s Almost a local, but it’s right in the middle of Westminster, nearly in the centre of London, so we get some fancy suits and Pollies in occasionally too. The pub itself is on Horseferry road, laterally a 5 minute walk from the Thames, and one of the bridges that crosses over it. Not the one that you walk over to get to Big Ben, but the next one in the opposite direction from the London eye. My local tube station is St James’ park, but I’m almost equally close to either Westminster or Victoria Station. So yeah, for any of you that have either been here, or are currently looking concertedly at a London map, it’s a Great location… I can’t imagine what an apartment in this location would cost. So over all I’m very happy.

I guess I don’t really have too many friends here… I’ve managed to stay in touch with Peri (you may or may not remember her from past posts as one of the girls from Adelaide) who has also got a live in pub job at a different place over in Earl’s Court. We go and have a coffee once a week or so, and I would say that at this point in my life she’d be my best friend… Apart from Tess… and I wont go into that, cause it’s WAY complicated… but yeah. It’s all good; life goes on and all that… Apart from the girls, I am making fast friends with my workmates, they’re a good bunch… maybe a little young in general, but I guess that’s what you’d expect in pub work. They’re all good fun to be around – even the new girl from Lithuania who’s boyfriend looks and sounds like Russian Mafia… *Coughs* but I didn’t say that.

So before this job, I had Tess here for 3 weeks or so… that went in a blur of a lot and not much all at the same time… make of that what you will, I’m not going to expand on those three weeks, except to say that it was a good time had by all much was discussed and much strongbow was drunk. I guess I will mention, now that I think of it, that we took a day trip to Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath. That was fun. I guess Windsor castle was interesting, and Bath was a really cute little town, but I loved Stonehenge… I think one day I’d like to hire a car and drive up there and just sit and watch it for a whole day… it was… ancient… very cool…

Before that I was on my Contiki trip. I am very disappointed with myself that I didn’t keep some sort of journal at the very least to make this part of the recounting easier – its not like I didn’t have my computer with me all the time, but… oh well… with all the drinking and hangovers, having my wallet pick pocketed in Florence, girls, more alcohol, more girls, and more drinking… I was a little distracted… Hopefully if my photos can be recovered from my portable hard drive (yes that’s right 5000 plus photos are in limbo right now hopefully being able to be recovered…) I’ll be able to put together more of a timeline of events from the photos… but at this point, it all went by in a very expensive blur… rest assured that if and when I get my photos back, I’ll expand on the trip and my exploits more fully.

And I guess with that overly glossed over explanation of my Contiki trip, everything is summed up in a little more than a page! Awesome…

Back to the present I guess… Work tomorrow from 12 until 8. I’m going to really try to get up early and go for a run and hopefully have time to post this over at the starbucks across the road.
I’m sure there is HEAPS more to say, but 1. I can’t think of it, and 2. I can’t be bothered thinking of it… it’s been 3 months guys... I’m going to have to warm up to it all again…

If you want to get in touch with me my new details are:

PH: 07807729864 (yeah, I lost my phone AGAIN)
Address: C/- The Barley Mow
104 Horseferry road
Westminster,
London,
SW1P 2EE





Do you realize if it weren't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight? - Al Boliska

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Zizzle!!!!!

Good to hear all is well.... read all your blog a few weeks ago but is good 2 c u bak up n writing again...

Be safe and keep posting!!!!!

Sheep