Friday, February 02, 2007

Facing a Fear... and walking a long way

Today I woke up fairly early in my top bunk of the Boston Hostel international, having slept intermittently thanks to the snoring and fidgeting of a couple of Koreans in the same dorm... I decided, after my breakfast bagel, to go for a walk with my camera - so I walked until i found something that looked like it would be good to take a photo of, then found that I could actually go to the top of this particular building and it had a 360 view of the city. Those of you that know me would know that I'm scared SHITLESS of heights... now this is fear to the point of phobia... its knee trembling, gut scrunching paranoia... the kind of fear that freezes you in your tracks like a deer in a trucks headlights... its not good. But, for some reason, today I decided that it was time to face it, so I went to the 50th floor of this building that looked very much like it wouldn't sway in the wind (a very good thing) and had a REALLY good time. Didn't even have a moment of fear... it was great... and got some great photos too...

Then I went thru Boston commons, meeting maybe the most friendly squirrels ever in the process... and eventually found the freedom trail - 4 or so hours later i got back to the hostel... had a really good walk...

that's all for now, more later!

1 comment:

Liney said...

(1) Yay for updates :) (2) yay for someone named Caroline and (3) yay for BOSTON :) Have fun!