Friday, February 09, 2007

Post-It!

Okay, so what’s happened since my last post? Right… well, I posted them Tuesday shortly before I was heading out… We went to that comedy show I'd mentioned which was OK. There was only about 10 of us in the crowd that had braved the Cold, including 3 Jewish guys from Melbourne... that was funny enough... but yeah, the comics were actually pretty good. Then we went to the city looking for a bar… so, the first place we found was ok, met a random Australian guy from Sydney who kept looking around when I spoke, and eventually came over for a bit of a chat… From there we found another bar and met 3 guys, one of which was from somewhere… ah… not sure, but somewhere that he had to fly back to at 6am the next morning. So yeah, anyway we chatted to them for a while, and he told us that the reason he had to fly back in the morning was because his wife was having their third child, so we were like “HEY!!! AWESOME!!! SHOTS!!!” so we all had a shot of something that one of the guys had made up himself on a previous occasion which consisted of Jaegermeister with Crème De Menthe floated on top… not a bad shot, although, as with anything that involved crème de menthe, it just tasted minty. At one point a couple of girls came over, a girl from Scotland, and a girl from the West coast… I think the guy with the baby asked them to come over and have shots with us… I really don’t remember. I do remember that the Scottish lass was an engineer and appreciated my toast to the new baby that whatever it was, it was intelligent… and the girl from the west coast turned out to be an assistant buyer with Macy’s who had actually bought most of the clothes that I was wearing that night, but had a very low opinion – in general – of men. I replied that that was okay because I have a very low opinion – in general – of women… so we discussed that for a while, and I’m pretty sure that in the end we both saw the other’s point of view… She agreed that women can be “difficult” and I let her think that I listened to what she was saying. JOKING PEOPLE!!! Its okay... they were really nice, and I actually would have preferred to stay there talking to them, but Irish and the guy with a baby coming and his 2 friends wanted to go to somewhere called the “meat packing district” yeah, sounded dodgy to us too… but we caught a taxi down there and wandered around for a while – just 5 guys looking for somewhere to have a couple of drinks, and getting rejected from every single place. Was quite funny… eventually we took a cab back roughly to where we’d been in the first place and found a place to have couple of drinks and play some pool… we got back to the hostel at about 4.30am, leaving the other guy to pack and get to the airport extremely drunk… I feel a bit bad, but i'm going to blame Irish. He drank heaps more than me and egged the other guy on to stay… *shrugs*

Anyway, after about 4 hours of sleep and being woken up by a couple of annoying Japanese guys who talk in a way that worries me… like corny Japanese TV voice-over people hosting one of those shows where Japanese people hurt themselves or other people in cruel and unusual ways to the hilarity of the audience… Makes me think they're talking dirty to eachother... Anyway, was meeting the English and French guys and heading down town, ended up checking out Greenwich Village, which was pretty cool once you knew that it really wasn’t a village that I was looking for, but a section of the city that is sort of old-school… almost like it escaped damage from the fires in the 1800s and is still sort of plodding along at a slightly slower and more scenic pace than the rest of the city. From there we found the Flat Iron Building, got some good photos, took some photos of the Chrysler Building, and then went thru Central Station and got some more photos. From there Me and the French guy went to the Guggenheim Museum of Art… really interesting building for something that was built 50 years ago, architecturally its really cool… a big spiral to the top wandering past Picasso’s and Dali’s artwork… as well as a lot of other stuff that I just can’t remember the artist’s names, but yeah, that was good…

Then I went and thought I’d find Bloomingdales. Went in, looked at the price of a pair of jeans and walked out again. Ridiculous. When %15 off a pair of jeans makes $50 difference, and still doesn’t make them affordable, you know that you’re in the wrong place…

Then I went and fixed my bus ticket and got back just in time to head out again, this time We were going to Chinatown for Dinner – one of the guys had had a $4 plate of Chinese that was apparently pretty massive and wanted to go back, so this time it was English, French, Irish (who'd gotten out of bed at about 6pm!), and a random Argentinean that had just moved into the bunk next to mine and I met while getting ready to go out… Very multicultural of me, don’t you think? I even left a post-it note on Kendall’s door to see if she wanted to come along and bring some friends… She didn’t get the note until later… Anyway, we went, ate, when it became apparent that we weren’t going to go to a bar, Irish and Argentinean left, and we went into Times Square and took some photos… and that was it up until pretty much right now… I slept like a log… I could probably do with another few hours, but *shrugs* I’ll sleep on the bus to DC tomorrow…

Hopefully.

Right now I have to get up and have a shower and maybe go for a wander around central park…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Стоило только попросить мужчину помочь вымыть посуду и тут же появилась автоматическая посудомойка
!!!