Wednesday, March 28, 2007

19 or so hours of sleep... London...

I keep forgetting what the last thing I wrote was – I’m going to assume that it was the day after my birthday and I hadn’t done much else at the time.

So Friday night Shannon, Sarah, Tess, Marilia and I went to see a band. Don’t remember what they were called, I guess you’d classify them as heavy alternative rock. They were OK. I mean, they were good for $20… but the venue was a dirty, smelly, sweaty hole in the wall that really could have done with a bath. And some deodorant. From there we got some Nachos and some soapy beer at about 2.30am. From there the weekend is a bit of a blur… The next night we went and got Chinese for dinner and went and saw the new Adam Sandler movie. I don’t recall what it’s called, but it was really good… by far his best movie to date – proof that he can play a semi-serious role. Definitely worth watching… then went and got a couple of drinks, and all of a sudden it was the next day, and I was rushing to get packed and in a taxi and on a plane, and within a blink I’m in a new city/country/continent.

London…

So far really all I’ve seen has been the inside of the airport, the inside of a train, a couple of streets, and the inside of the hostel. I got in at about 10am and couldn’t book into the hostel until 2pm, so I sat in the lounge – accidentally picked up some free wireless internet from somewhere nearby – chatted to a couple of people online to try to keep myself awake and eventually the time ticked away and I booked into my room. A four bunk room with no one else in it… had a shower and promptly fell fast asleep. I woke up briefly at about 9pm local time, went back to sleep and woke up at 10am this morning. Great sleep… interesting dreams about nothing in particular… So far I’ve seen and heard a LOT of Aussies around the place. Which is cool…

Anyway, that’s all for now, will try to find somewhere with wireless internet for free again – rather than pay the ridiculous amount that they want to charge here at the hostel. Right now I need to go find a new mobile phone plan… something that will work all over Europe hopefully…

Right... I found a Sim card that will do for the time being - currently my UK phone number is 07726 281 406. Also - this hostel is pretty much full of Australians. Almost nothing else... and while most of them have been fantastic, I'm seeing the obnoxious, loud, idiotic side of them at the same time... real shame. *shrugs* I'll try to not kill them in their sleep... (if they sleep... I haven't ascertained that at this time).



Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane. - Philip K. Dick

No comments: