Monday, December 18, 2006

If you had to remember a city, today would be the day to remember it.

I have probably said it before, but I really like Adelaide. Today was a really nice summers day, mid 30s at a guess, warm breeze, lots of smiling faces. I have spent the day not packing, I might get a chance to do some tonight, but I don’t know… I think having everything organized so early has given me nothing to worry about, I’ll probably leave the packing ‘til the last minute, just so I don’t feel so anal.

Anyway, I’ve spent the day in the usual manner, mostly wandering around the city. Got a hair cut… last one in Australia for a while, and I made it practical (so I can wear a beanie) yet fashionable (I paid $59 for it… better f@%#*g look good). I also got a message from the travel agent saying that my Contiki tour stuff has come in (good thing it came in today, wouldn’t have had a chance later in the week…) that came in a really cool document pouch thing, which is a shame, cause I had already bought something that would do the same job… *shrugs*.

Then I sort of started walking in the general direction of the river, but for one reason or another (main reason is I couldn’t be bothered) I turned around and decided to head home, figured I could write my entry from the comfort of my air conditioned house, laying on my bed… but I got to the parklands at east terrace and it was nice and shady and so very very green and I decided to find a piece of grass and stop. So I’ve stopped.

So other than that; I’ve drunk 3 bottles of green iced tea. Which I have grown a taste for. And I’ve been walking everywhere in my crocs. Which now that they have stopped rubbing the top of my feet off, have become quite comfortable, and only leave black marks everywhere, which is better than blood any day of the week. And I’m trying to not think of how close I am to leaving… as excited as I am, its all a little daunting. I don’t think I’m afraid, but I’m definitely nervous.

In other news, I’ve found the program that I’m going to use to do my photos with and send them home, had a play with that yesterday, all pretty straight forward. I also downloaded the program that the Uni uses for the digital imaging part of their course. It’s a really cool program by Google called sketchup. And it’s FREE! Or at least the basic version is. Have a play @ www.sketchup.com . Good fun, and there’s a really good tutorial at the start that gives you some really good grounding. Also my “soup-n-salad” looks like it will be in at Crumpler before I go, which I’m happy about.

And that’s about it, I’m going to go read for a bit, and then continue not packing probably…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"my soup-n-salad” looks like it will be in at Crumpler"

sorry - not sure what all that means.......???

Mum

Anonymous said...

I keep thinking "close your eyes, hold your nose, and jump!"

"So let go; jump in - oh well, whatcha waiting for? It's alright, 'cause there's beauty in the breakdown. So let go, just get in - oh, it's so amazing here! It's alright, 'cause there's beauty in the breakdown." - Frou Frou

Anonymous said...

That was Caroline - too lazy to log in... :)