Monday, December 25, 2006

A Serendipitous Christmas Day; the emotional eye of the storm.

It really really doesn’t feel like Christmas at all…

Christmas drinks at work were good last night, and I caught up with Damien, my best friend from primary school that I haven’t seen in probably about 10 years… so that was good. I got a card from my work mates and $160, which I was chuffed with… I was expecting maybe $50 or so… it seems I am reasonably well liked… monetarily at least.

All in all, life goes on… my Serendipitousness continues… and I’m finding myself in a quite content and peaceful state of mind. Maybe it’s the eye of the storm, goodness knows the last few months have been anything but emotionally calm, and who knows what the next few months will bring… Maybe I’m subduing all of my emotions and fears and hoping they go away. Right now I feel very little… which is probably a bad thing, because I really should be packing…

I would just like to add one thing before I go and have a shower and maybe think about packing some stuff… (And thank you to Caroline for my word of the day – Serendipity) I’d just like to say that timing sucks… but life is too short for regrets.

Here’s to Serendipity! May it continue to fill our lives with confusion and happiness! Cheers!




If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end in doubts; but if he will be content to begin with doubts he shall end in certainties. - Sir Francis Bacon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, man! I'm sure the next year'll be full of serendipity and surprising weather.

See you tomorrow!