Thursday, December 07, 2006

Aimless Wanderings... Results and Christmas Shopping.

So I got thru a day off without blogging… amazing. I think the main reason for this would have been the fact that I was actually uncharacteristically busy. I woke up at about 8, which is about normal for my days off... unfortunately gone seem to be the days of me sleeping in until 11am (or staying in bed until 5!) I got up and once showered and dressed I went to do my weeklyish grocery shopping. Came back, pottered around the house for a bit, and then called Amber, spoke to her for a satisfying and conversation filled hour or so… maybe a bit more, then decided that I would move my room aground.

I’ve been in my room now for nearly a year and its been the same the whole time, on Tuesday I moved it all around, made myself a heap more room, and only get to enjoy it for another 3 weeks… wish I’d done it months ago…it looks good… Bed in the corner, view out the double door onto the balcony if the curtains are open... yeah... looks good.

Then I checked the mail, in it was my stat test results. I did quite well, 166/200 and better than more then 90% of the rest of the people that have sat the test. Hopefully it’s enough to get me into architecture… I think the first round of offers come out tomorrow. I'll let you know.

Anyway, after that I went into town, didn’t take my notebook cause I had my bar course afterwards. So I wandered around town for a while… somehow hurting my leg in the process… felt like I’d strained a ligament of something on the side of my right knee, which was annoying.. but when I went to get something to eat from Woolies for my bar course dinner, I got some pain killers and some fish oil tablets… took 2 pain killers and a fish oil tablet, then another 2 painkillers about an hour later when it still wasn’t feeling any better… and its come good… still on the fish oil… someone told me it was good for aches and pains and stuff… and I don’t know if it’s the tablets or the fact that I’m just not in any pain, but… well, I’m not in any pain…

Went and booked a session with a psychic next week… will let you know how that goes…

Then I went to my bar course…last session and practical test. Got my results for the written test – got 48/50. And as happy as I am with that, it’s really not very surprising considering, as I said, that the teacher was going around giving us help… I think I did quite well in the prac. Didn’t spill the tray, poured 3 passable beers, messed up my fruit cup a little bit, but not too bad… think I did alright in everything else…

Then walking home at about 8.45 down Rundle Street, I walked past the nova cinema. Well, that’s not right, I didn’t walk past it, I walked into it… saw that a movie that I sort of wanted to see was on in about half an hour, and decided that since I’d had such a good day, and that it was a Tuesday so the tickets were cheap, I would watch a movie. The movie was A Scanner Darkly… interestingly made movie… cell shaded over actual filmed footage… strange effect, sort of messes with your head a bit… took a while for my head to get adjusted to the style. But over all, money well spent, and a nice end to a very nice day.

Yesterday at work was good too... the last few days at work have actually been really good… lots of people realizing its Christmas and deciding that they finally want to buy a TV… and I’ve found myself using the line “I’m leaving in 3 weeks, I want to do as many deals as I can before I go… blah blah blah” seems to be working, cause the last 2 days I’ve worked, I reckon I’ve done nearly 10G a day… so that’s good. If I can do that sort of thing every day before I leave, it should help the bank balance a little bit at least. I think I only have maybe 2 more days off work before Christmas...

Christmas shopping is hard…

Anyway, it seems like I’m really just dribbling today… no real continuity to my thoughts… Today I’ve done a bit of Christmas shopping (not much mind you…) wandered around town as aimlessly as my thoughts… it’s a nice day again, and again I’ve found myself down at the river front… watching some people building something on the grass… looks like maybe the flooring for a massive pavilion or something… anyway… enough for now… I’m reading a really good book at the moment and I want to get back to it…


See ya.



No degree of dullness can safeguard a work against the determination of critics to find it fascinating. - Harold Rosenberg

No comments: