Monday, January 22, 2007

Leaving Me Tour My Own Devices…

So I’ve finally decided to throw myself off the deep end and dip my toe into the world of the Hostel. Now, I’ve seen the movie… I’m hoping its NOTHING like that… Torture and hacking off of limbs isn’t really my cup of tea. Cheers anyway, no, really, its alright, I had something before I left… but it promises to be a lot of fun, no doubt I will keep you informed along the way, and probably before then too, but *shrugs* it just popped into my head that I probably should see more of the area so my plans are as follows:

I leave on the 28th of January for Montreal, on the Greyhound, 3 nights there, then to Boston for another 3 nights, 4 nights in NYC – time to see the sights and also catch an Ice hockey game between the NY Rangers and the Detroit Redwings. That should be a Hoot. Especially when I don’t care who wins or looses. Always a good thing for me to not be TOO involved in the game – unless I’m painting my face that is… then its okay. After that I’m heading to Washington for another 3 night stay, and then up to Philadelphia for 1 night before stopping (fortuitously enough; just before valentines day) in Ithaca for a bit… again, not sure how long, or what the plans are there, but it will be good to see Amber again… of course… Then depending… I might head down to Florida for a week and meet up with my friend down there, see Disney world or land or whatever the one is that’s this side of the continent… I have to see "the keys" apparently too… may involve hiring a car *rolls eyes* its going to be an expensive month… you only live once...

So today was spent lounging around doing very little until I decided on my trip, then it was spent booking hostels online, checking bus timetables, and planning my day tomorrow. I need to buy my bus tickets from the depot itself, then I want to get a little tripod for my camera… taking photos at night time is turning out to be more than the built in image stabilizer can handle… I also need to work out what I’m going to take… I need to pack warm but light… *Shrugs* will check out the travel stores and see if anything jumps out at me... as things tend to at that kind of shop... oh well...




Never go out to meet trouble. If you will just sit still, nine cases out of ten someone will intercept it before it reaches you. - Calvin Coolidge

2 comments:

Ali said...

Hi, have just popped over to your place since you made a drunken pit-stop at mine!! So you like photography and travel too? Your trip sounds fantastic, and I am soooooo jealous. I did a 10 day tour in 2005 which started and ended in Boston, with Lake Placid, Niagara, Philly, Washington and NYC in between and I cannot wait to go back. Hope you have a fantastic time, be sure to blog it during or after, would love to read what you get up to.

Trojan Mind said...

Hello... yep, will be sure to blog! I should read random blogs drunk more often... :) and feel free to use any quotes you find, that's what they're for!