Wednesday, January 31, 2007

On the road again...

Woke up at 6am this morning after an interesting night’s sleep… the thing about Shannon's room is that there are a lot of bars and things close by, which meant that until about 4am there were drunk people shouting at each other down on the street. Rather frustrating, had time for breakfast though and ate granola and yoghurt as I woke up… good waking up food is granola - lots of chewing involved… the taxi that took me to the bus terminal – weaving its way thru the dark shiny monoliths of a sleeping city – was fast. As it turned out, the bus that I thought I was meant to take at 6.45, was really leaving at 7.30 and wasn’t even a greyhound… *shrugs* from what I can see, this bus is better anyway.

Everyone is sleeping, and I might do the same for a while, but firstly, just a couple more observations on Canadia… one thing is that they have milk in bags. Plastic bags. Never seen it before… interesting… the other thing is that drivers in and around Toronto – from what I’ve seen, really like using their horn… and for no apparent reason. I mean, I can understand that they’re frustrated that they’re Canadian… but I mean… live with it, eh? But seriously, they beep at each other for things that are ridiculous and unavoidable… and they even beep at pedestrians walking across at the lights – nice… here we are walking around outside in ridiculously cold weather, and they’re sitting nice and toasty in their SUV’s… lovely… real nice.

More Later, Sleepy…

Montreal… everything is in French!

No comments: