Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Bus Trips, Beer Pong, and Driving on the Wrong side of the road...

So, this is written a week after the fact, so I may or may not remember everything that’s happened over that time… I have taken some notes so… we shall see…

The Bus trip from Toronto to Rochester was interesting… the first bus driver was rude, but when we swapped busses in Buffalo the bus driver was fantastic, really nice, made jokes about his Aussies, and asked where our crocodile pants and knives were… but then had his ear chewed off for the ENTIRE trip by an American lady with an extremely annoying nasal droning voice, who talked about her family, her job, etc, the whole way there. The bus driver was amazingly patient; I on the other hand made use of my noise canceling head phones…

Our last night in Rochester we went to a party hosted by one of Sarah’s friends, we took a bottle of cheap champagne each, which made it a lot of fun…. When we were ready for another drink though, we were told that we couldn’t… so, eventually we made our way back to Sarah’s place, picking up a half carton of beer on the way, and I had my first game of beer-pong… THAT was fun… *grins*

So, I’ve now hired and driven a car in the US… and apart from turning the windscreen wipers on instead of indicating a fair bit… I think I did fairly well… I didn’t crash, and I got everyone from Rochester NY to Allentown PA safe and sound. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Driving on the other side of the car is interesting… working out that the majority of the car is on the right hand side of me instead of the left was probably the hardest part, turning and making sure that I didn’t take out my passenger side… a little bit disconcerting, but all good… We got to the airport and waited a little while while amber found the right entrance and stopped circling… and then drove the 40 minutes or so back to her place…

Amber’s parents are Great, and her sister was nice too… very teenager, but very much like her sister… who, of course, is great also... Amber’s parents did everything to make us feel comfortable and at home… Their house is gorgeous… and the power only went off once…

We did a lot of sleeping and eating, watched a few movies, and generally relaxed… so that was good…

Time for a new heading…

No comments: